Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jaguar Enthusiasts at Beaulieu

I was invited by the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club to exhibit my paintings at their Southern Day Rally at Beaulieu last weekend. As usual for their shows I was inside a large marquee alongside other trades people, model cars, books, photographs,clothing etc. Outside the marquee other vendors of food and drink,car spares, insurance and just about anything a car enthusiast wants to buy were placed around the show ring.

As 2010 is the 75th Anniversary of Jaguar Cars they had a car representing every model manufactured over the last three quarters of a century by the company with prizes given for condition and distance travelled to the show. Approximately 800 enthusiasts attended the show and although I didn't sell, a first at one of their events, I made useful contacts and apart from setting off at 7.00 am to drive 80 miles from Brighton where we were spending the weekend it was a fun day. Stuart Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment