Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hilary's Smashing Time in the Garden

Had a bit of a disaster last weekend. I went in the studio and found that the Green Man hanging sculpture (shown above) had fallen from its temporary hanging space and more than 50% of it was in pieces on the table. It is made from Stella bottles and I only had two in my bottle box – I needed three to make a new cap for the top as well as lots more bits for the bottom. Fortunately when I went inside some one had just emptied another one. However It takes at least two kiln firings to make the cap and there was no space in the kiln because I was doing things for the Preston Bagot exhibition. I was running out of time. The sculpture and the Preston Bagot photos have to be delivered this weekend. Will I complete them in time? Watch this space - updates after Easter. Hilary Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment